It should come as little surprise to you to find out that we would give the 2015 Honda Accord all the awards we could here at Detroit Area Honda Dealers, but we’re clearly a bit biased in favor of Honda’s mid-size sedan. Of course, when a car is as impressive as the Accord is, everyone else seems quite eager to fill its trophy case with awards and accolades.
While the best way to see what makes the 2015 Honda Accord so appealing car is with a test drive, a look at the awards the vehicle has won is certainly a nice preview of what you can expect behind the wheel.
Auto Critic Awards
There are three key auto critic awards we want to focus on for the Accord:
- Kelley Blue Book’s KBB.com named the 2015 Accord their Best Buy of the Year in the mid-size car class,* saying that in addition to its reputation and value, the Accord is stylish and fun to drive.
- Car and Driver named the 2015 Honda Accord to their 10Best Cars in America list for a record 29th time out of the 31-year history of the competition.**
- Edmunds.com recently named the Accord a 2014 Most Popular Vehicle. These awards acknowledge the three models in each class that had the highest overall monthly car-buyer consideration on both research and inventory pages on Edmunds.com.
These are just three that we thought deserved your attention; rest assured that the Accord trophy case is overflowing with awards.
In addition to awards for value and overall excellence, the Accord has no trouble taking home trophies for it safety, including two of the most important in the industry:
- The 2015 Accord took home a Top Safety Pick award from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS).
- The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) awarded the 2015 Accord their Five-Star Overall Safety Rating in their New Car Assessment Program.
Test Drive an Accord
The 2015 Honda Accord awards are just part of the picture, and we want you to see why so many Detroit Metro drivers have been choosing Honda’s sedan as their mid-size car. Visit a Detroit Area Honda Dealer today to take a test drive.