If you’re in the market for a truly family-friendly SUV that actually has room for your whole family, the 2015 Honda Pilot seating capacity should get the job done. With room for up to eight, the Pilot makes it easy to ensure that everyone has plenty of room without feeling cramped—and if you don’t need to use all the seats, they easily fold down for cargo storage.
One of the best ways to see how the Pilot excels at being a family vehicle is to put it side-by-side against the competition, particularly a model like the 2015 Ford Explorer. However, Ford’s SUV has trouble keeping up; let’s take a look.
Which SUV Offers More Room?
While both the Pilot and the Explorer have three rows of seating, the Ford SUV only has room for seven on its basic model. Not only does it have less seating than the Pilot, it also has less interior space overall:
- The 2015 Pilot LX has 153.7 cubic feet of passenger space and up to 87.0 cubic feet of cargo space.
- The 2015 Ford Explorer, on the other hand, only has 151.7 cubic feet of passenger space and 80.7 cubic feet of cargo space.
Of course, there’s more to an SUV than its interior space.
Honda Redefines Standard Features
One of the most popular things about the 2015 Honda Pilot is that no matter which trim level you choose, you’ll have some of the best standard features in the business. Each Pilot comes with the following amenities:
- Honda’s exclusive i-MID infotainment system
- Steering wheel-mounted controls for phone, audio, and cruise
- Honda Bluetooth HandsFreeLink for phone and audio
- Built-in rearview camera with guidelines
While you can find comparable amenities on the Explorer, you would have to upgrade Ford’s SUV to be on par with the base-level Pilot. See a more in-depth side-by-side comparison between the 2015 Ford Explorer and Honda Pilot.
See the Pilot Firsthand
We can tell you that the 2015 Honda Pilot seating capacity has room for your whole family, but if you’re doubtful, we can understand. All you need to do in order to see the Pilot in person is visit a Detroit Area Honda Dealer near you. We would love to put you behind the wheel.