There’s no denying that the 2015 Hyundai Sonata features mark a distinct improvement over previous generations, and brings the vehicle into competition with a few mid-size cars. But how exactly does the Sonata stand up to one of the most popular cars on the road? Let’s look closely at the features you’ll find on each 2015 Honda Accord – as well as the differences in the vehicles’ fuel economies – that we think put Honda’s sedan in a different class than the Sonata.
Honda Sets the Standard on Features
When Metro Detroit drivers want a fuel-efficient, affordable, and safe car, they know that Honda is a smart choice, and the last few years have given the automaker another jewel in its crown: Honda vehicles have some of the best standard features packages.
Each 2015 Honda Accord comes with amenities like these without having to upgrade at all:
- Bluetooth HandsFreeLink for phone and audio streaming
- 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system (the Honda-exclusive i-MID)
- Rearview camera with built-in guidelines
- SMS texting and Pandora internet radio capabilities
- Steering wheel-mounted controls for technology and cruise
If you want a similar level of technology on the Sonata, you’ll need to upgrade for a rearview camera, a touchscreen interface, and more.
Honda Builds Fuel-Efficient Engines
While the power output of each of these two sedan engines is comparable, the Accord pulls ahead in fuel economy:
- The 2015 Honda Accord LX’s 2.4L four-cylinder engine is rated at 185 hp and 181 lb-ft of torque, and models equipped with a CVT earn an EPA-estimated 36 highway and 27 city mpg for 31 mpg combined.*
- The 2015 Hyundai Sonata has a 2.4L four-cylinder with 185 hp and 178 lb-ft of torque, and while it might seem more efficient with 37 highway mpg, the 25 city mpg and 29 combined mpg put it well under the Accord.
Test Drive an Accord
We want to show you how the Accord compares to the 2015 Hyundai Sonata features, and the best way to do that is to show you each of the Accord’s amenities firsthand. Visit a Detroit Area Honda Dealer near you today to schedule a test drive of a brand new 2015 Honda Accord Sedan and see why it’s one of the most popular vehicles in its class.