We think that all it takes is one quick look at the 2016 Honda HR-V mpg ratings to see how it separates itself from the competition. While there aren’t too many compact crossovers on the market right now, one of the more popular competitors in the Metro Detroit area is the 2015 Mitsubishi Outlander. But how does it stack up to the HR-V?
Honda HR-V Fuel Economy
No matter which version of the HR-V you drive, its fuel efficiency outdoes the Outlander. First, the Mitsubishi crossover:
Mitsubishi’s 2.0L four-cylinder engine has no trouble outclassing a few of its competitors with its 30 highway mpg and 24 city mpg.
Now let’s take a look at your three different fuel economy ratings on the HR-V. Whether you opt for the six-speed manual transmission or CVT, 2WD or AWD, the HR-V comes out ahead:
- The 2016 Honda HR-V 2WD LX 6MT has an EPA-estimated 34 highway mpg and 25 city mpg.*
- The 2016 HR-V 2WD LX CVT is rated at an EPA-estimated 35 highway mpg and 28 city mpg.*
- Even if you upgrade to all-wheel drive, your new HR-V will be more efficient than the two-wheel drive Outlander. 2016 Honda HR-V AWD LX (with CVT) models have an EPA-estimated 32 highway mpg and 27 city mpg.*
Building Your HR-V
Since the HR-V is a new vehicle, we wanted to shine a spotlight on its three trim levels and let you start planning for your new crossover as soon as possible:
- The entry-level LX trim comes with a multi-angle rearview camera, Bluetooth HandsFreeLink, a 5-inch LCD screen, and Honda’s Magic Seat split-folding rear seat.
- The mid-range EX adds on heated front seating, a one-touch power moonroof, a 7-inch Display Audio touchscreen display, Smart Entry, and more.
- At the top of the trim levels is the EX-L Navi, which adds on SiriusXM satellite radio, HD radio, leather upholstery, and navigation.
Find Your HR-V Today
The 2016 Honda HR-V mpg numbers are just one reason why so many drivers are loving this new crossover. Let us show you what else it has to offer that makes it different from the other crossovers; visit a Detroit Area Honda Dealer for a test drive.