The 2018 Honda Fit Offers Impressive Technology Across the Trim Levels
Standard Comfort Technology
The entry-level LX is the most affordable model for Fit drivers, but the LX doesn’t skimp on comfort technology features that many drivers might associate with more expensive models. Some of the technology you’ll find inside that bolster comfort levels for driver and passengers alike include power windows and door locks, cruise control, 12-volt power outlets in the front and in the center console, rear window defroster, two-speed/intermittent windshield wipers, air conditioning with air-filtration system, illuminated steering wheel–mounted controls, and much more.
Standard Entertainment Technology
The LX is ready to keep everyone inside the Fit entertained and relaxed with technology features that help pass the time with more enjoyment while on the road. Pair the sites outside the Fit with the perfect soundtrack inside while you make your way to your destination. Some of the technology and entertainment features you’ll find inside the 2018 Honda Fit LX include:
- 160-Watt Audio System with 4 Speakers – This state-of-the-art system has crystal-clear sound that lets you listen to your favorite song or podcast, or surf the radio for new content.
- 5-Inch Color LCD Screen – The interface is designed for intuitive navigation of the controls from audio to temperature and more.
- Bluetooth HandsFreeLink and Streaming Audio – Connect your devices via Bluetooth to access your playlists and other content, all without having to take your hands off the wheel or your eyes off the road.
- Speed-Sensitive Volume Control – When the Fit slows down, as in a merging situation or when coasting through a parking garage, the audio volume will automatically soften to eliminate distractions that might hinder the driver’s concentration. Hit the road again and the tunes will automatically crank back up.
Technology Meets Safety
According to the reviewers at Car and Driver the 2018 Fit “brings an impressive list of driver-assistance features.” And with safety as a high priority in every design and engineering element of the Honda Fit, it’s no wonder that it’s outfitted with technology features that help drivers drive more safely on the road.
- Advanced Compatibility Engineering (ACE) Body Structure – Designed to absorb crash energy and distribute it away from the driver and passengers inside, the ACE body structure can mitigate damage from impacts and work to keep everyone safe inside.
- Lane Keeping Assist System – Coming available on the LX and Sport models with CVT and standard on the EX and EX-L, this system uses sensors to detect if the Fit is swaying or rolling over lane lines on the road, and if necessary, it can nudge the steering wheel to bring the Fit back to the center of the lane.
- Adaptive Cruise Control – Coming available on the LX and Sport models with CVT and standard on the EX and EX-L, this system lets drivers select the desired speed and distance interval with the vehicle ahead; the system then automatically balances between the two, keeping the Fit naturally within the flow of traffic without any extra input from the driver.
- Honda LaneWatch – Standard on the EX and EX-L, this system uses a camera mounted on the passenger’s side mirror to monitor activity in the driver’s blind spot. When a right lane change is signaled, a live video feed will display on the audio interface and allow drivers to see up to four times more than using the mirror alone.
More Technology Throughout the Trim Levels
As drivers explore the upper trim levels, they will find upgrades to some of the standard technology features from the LX as well as more exclusive features for drivers who want even more of the latest technology, entertainment, and convenience to make life on the road a little easier.
- Push-Button Start – Start the dynamic and lively engine inside the Fit with just the simple touch of a button.
- 180-Watt Audio System with 6 Speakers – This upgraded sound system becomes standard starting with the Sport model and offers more refinement, richer tones, and two additional speakers.
- 7-Inch Display Audio with High-Resolution Touchscreen – Upgraded from the 5-inch display, this larger screen becomes standard starting with the Sport model and has customizable feature settings so drivers can arrange the controls they use the most right where they want them.
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto – Whether you have an Apple or an Android, sync your smartphone to your Fit and access content from music to podcasts and messages to maps.
- Pandora Compatibility and SMS Text Message Function – Also starting with the Sport model is Pandora compatibility so you can listen to your favorite artists while discovering new ones. And SMS text message function allows you to send, receive, and draft messages from your phone safely without having to take your hands off the wheel.
- Available Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System with Voice Recognition – Available on the top-of-the-line EX-L trim, this navigation system uses voice recognition and real-time traffic to help you reach your destination quickly and easily, even in unfamiliar areas.
Test Drive Today
Find out more about all the technology inside the 2018 Honda Fit by visiting your nearest Detroit Honda Dealer. Explore current offers and financing options, and contact us to schedule some time behind the wheel with a test drive today.