You might check out the Ford Ranger towing capacity by itself and be impressed, but you won’t be so bowled over if you’ve just looked at what the Honda Ridgeline towing capacity can handle, especially when you compare starting prices. To make sure you get the best model, read on to explore:
- Comparably Equipped Prices
- Engine Specs and MPG
- Tow Ratings
Comparably Equipped Prices
The Honda Ridgeline and Ford Ranger might rest in the same compact pickup truck segment, but the Ford still expects you to pay more. Just compare comparably equipped prices to see what we mean:
- 2019 Honda Ridgeline RT 2WD: $31,660*
- 2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew 4X2 XLT: $34,785
Engine Specs and MPG
Honda understands that even compact pickup trucks should possess plenty of power beneath the hood to ensure performance remains responsive whether you’re zipping through the city or towing on the highway. That might be why it offers more power than the Ford Ranger:
- Honda Ridgeline: A 3.5L V6 makes up to 280 hp.
- Ford Ranger: A 2.3L four-cylinder makes up to 270 hp.
Beyond raw power, the Honda Ridgeline offers stronger AWD highway efficiency and a larger tank to keep you driving longer:
- AWD Highway MPG: Up to an EPA-estimated 25 with the Honda** vs. 24 with the Ford.
- Fuel Capacity: Up to 19.5 gallons with the Honda vs. just 18 with the Ford.
With greater power at its immediate command, the Honda Ridgeline has no trouble towing more than the Ford Ranger.
- Honda Ridgeline AWD Standard Towing: Up to 5,000 lbs.
- Ford Range AWD Standard Towing: Up to 3,500 lbs.
Visit Your Local Detroit Area Honda Showroom for a Test Drive in the 2019 Ridgeline
Tow ratings are only one reason why the Honda Ridgeline is rated the top compact pickup in the country. Whether you want to explore Honda Ridgeline trim levels, check out the latest range of AWD vehicles, or find out about current specials, feel free to contact us today or visit your local Detroit Honda dealer.
*MSRP excluding tax, license, registration, $1,045.00 destination charge and options. Dealers set own prices.
**Based on 2019 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.