2019 Honda HR-V Cargo Space Can Change Around Your Active Lifestyle
Honda HR-V Cargo Dimensions
The Honda HR-V might be a subcompact crossover, but it still takes a game-changing amount of cargo whether the seats are up or down.
- Cargo Capacity Behind the 2nd Row: Up to 24.3 cubic feet.
- Cargo Capacity Behind the 1st Row: Up to 58.8 cubic feet.
Stacked up against rival models, you can see how far ahead the Honda HR-V stands:
- Toyota C-HR: Up to 19 cubic feet behind the 2nd row or 36.4 cubic behind the 1st.
- Mazda CX-3: Up to 12.4 cubic feet behind the 2nd row or 44.5 cubic behind the 1st.
- Jeep Renegade: Up to 18.5 cubic feet behind the 2nd row or 50.8 cubic behind the 1st.
- Ford EcoSport: Up to 20.9 cubic feet behind the 2nd row or 50 cubic behind the 1st.
Honda HR-V Cargo Flexibility
The Honda HR-V’s practical nature comes down to more than just cavernous dimensions. It also uses an innovative 60/40 split 2nd-Row Magic Seat® to shift the Honda HR-V seating capacity and cabin layout around your changing needs.
- Utility Mode: Fold down the entire rear row for unrestricted access to the passenger compartment.
- Tall Mode: Flip down one of the rear seat cushions for nearly 4 feet of vertical standing space.
- Long Mode: Drop all or part of the 2nd row along with the front-passenger seat to slide in items up to 8 feet long.
You’ll find cargo area tie-down anchors to help secure larger items and a handy cargo area light to help keep things organized. There’s also a wide range of smaller storage solutions across the Honda HR-V cabin:
- High-Deck Center Console with Sliding Armrest and Storage Compartment
- Beverage Holders
- Passenger-Side Seat back Pocket
- Driver-Side Garment Hook
- Front and Rear Door-Pocket Storage Bins
Honda HR-V Accessories – Interior
- Cargo Liner: Protect your original cargo area carpeting from everyday wear and tear. The liner even folds out over the rear bumper for protection while loading and unloading.
- Cargo Net: Tight-fitting elastic cord keeps your grocery bags upright and your loose items held securely.
- Cargo Organizer: Sturdy canvas folds down when not in use and provides handy partitions for effortless organization.
- Cargo Tray: Protects the cargo area floor and prevents items sliding around as you drive.
- Hard Cargo Cover: Protects items in the back from damaging UV rays and keeps what you have in your cargo area protected from prying eyes.
- Rear Seat Back Protector: When you’re loading longer items, high-quality molded plastic protects the back of the seat.
- Rear Seat Covers: Avoid daily wear, tear, and stains with durable and machine-washable seat covers.
- Cargo Cover: Keeps items in the back from view and easily twists or folds out of the way for convenient access.
Honda HR-V Accessories – Exterior Accessories
- Cross Bars: When you need to load items up top, use the available cross bars to hold up to 165 lbs.
- Roof Basket: When you need more storage, the Honda HR-V’s available low-profile Roof Basket can hold up to 150 lbs.
- Short Roof Box: When you need lockable space for bulky items, find 13 cubic feet in the available roof box.
- Ski/Snowboard Attachment: When you want to hit the slopes, hold six pairs of skis or four snowboards securely in place. Oversized push buttons allow you to take them on and off without removing your winter gloves.