Comparing 2019 Honda Odyssey vs. 2019 Toyota Sienna is practically unavoidable when you’re shopping for minivans, so we’ve pitted the top-tier Honda Odyssey Elite and Toyota Sienna Limited Premium against each other.
The Elite Honda Odyssey is priced at $46,970*, showing up the Toyota Sienna price of up to $47,530. Let’s see how features and dimensions compare.
Both the Honda Odyssey and the Toyota Sienna offer a wide range of driver assistance technology, but only the Honda offers a Road Departure Mitigation System (RDM) to keep you from leaving the road.
It also performed significantly better in crash tests:
- NHTSA**: Only the Honda scored 5-stars for the Front Passenger Side test and Overall Front Star Rating.
Seven-passenger seating comes as standard with both top of the line minivan trims, but the Honda Odyssey offers significantly more cargo space behind its seats:
- Cargo Space Behind the 2nd Row: Up to 92 cubic feet in the Honda Odyssey vs. just 87.1 in the Toyota Sienna.
- Cargo Space Behind the 1st Row: Up to 158 cubic feet in the Honda Odyssey vs. just 150 in the Toyota Sienna.
That’s enough space to lay a stack of 4-by-8 plywood sheets with 2nd and 3rd Honda Odyssey rows folded. And, as noted by Edmunds.com, “the Odyssey has a more stylish cabin and fresher look”.
Minivans are family vehicles. Honda understands that, so they’ve equipped the Odyssey with family-focused features you won’t find in the Toyota Sienna.
- CabinTalk™ In-Car PA System: A microphone picks up your voice and channels it through the rear speakers to ensure you’re always heard.
- CabinWatch® Rear Seat Monitor: Use a camera with night vision to check out what’s going on in the rear, even after the sun has set.
- HondaVAC®: Honda’s innovative inbuilt vacuum cleaner reaches all rows and comes with a removable waste bin for easy cleanups.
The Honda Odyssey Elite Dominates the Toyota Sienna Limited Premium
If you want to experience the Honda difference in person, visit your local Detroit area Honda dealer to explore current offers, get behind the driver’s seat, and check out the interior. Contact us today to find out more.