Performance of the 2019 Honda Pilot
Honda Pilot Towing Capacity and Horsepower
||Towing Capacity (2WD/AWD)
|Honda Pilot with 3.5-Liter V-6 Engine
||262 lb.-ft. @ 4700 RPM
||3500 lbs. / 5000 lbs.
Our friends and neighbors know Honda as a maker of safe, efficient, and dependable vehicles, and more and more are realizing that the models in their all-wheel drive lineup are uniquely well-rounded. The 2019 Honda Pilot’s horsepower and torque distinguish it as one of the most capable models on our lot, and we think its impressive specifications speak for themselves!
Honda Pilot Fuel Economy
||2WD Fuel Economy
||AWD Fuel Economy
|Honda Pilot with 6-Speed Automatic Transmission
||19 mpg City / 27 mpg Highway / 22 mpg Combined*
||18 mpg City / 26 mpg Highway / 21 mpg Combined*
|Honda Pilot with 9-Speed Automatic Transmission
||20 mpg City / 27 mpg Highway / 23 mpg Combined*
||19 mpg City / 26 mpg Highway / 22 mpg Combined*
The 2019 Honda Pilot can accommodate up to eight passengers across its three rows of seating, but even though this SUV runs large, its fuel economy is far from unimpressive. Whether you settle for the baseline 6-Speed Automatic Transmission or opt for a trim with an even-more-efficient 9-Speed system, you’ll enjoy the peace of mind that only great gas mileage can provide.
Don’t Let Anything Hold You Back!
Raw power and consistently-satisfying fuel economy aren’t the only things that distinguish the Pilot from its competitors. No matter which trim you choose, an array of performance-enhancing drivetrain features will help you get more done with every gallon of gas.
- I-VTM4 All-Wheel Drive: Whenever you begin to experience slippage on the road, Intelligent Variable Torque Management (I-VTM4) All-Wheel Drive directs your Pilot’s ample power and torque to the wheels with the most traction. The technology also increases the Pilot’s already-impressive towing capacity, letting you haul up to 5000 lbs.
- A More Satisfying Ride: When you’re travelling in a high gear, the Pilot’s Variable Cylinder Management limits the amount of fuel you consume. A standard Active Control Engine Mount System reduces unpleasant engine shake, and thanks to the inclusion of Active Noise Cancellation, every trip in the Pilot will feel like a miniature vacation.
- Idle Stop: Tired of burning up your gasoline on frequent starts and stops? Idle Stop technology temporarily turns off the Honda Pilot’s engine when you’re sitting at a standstill, allowing you to increase your fuel economy when you’re travelling through the city. It’s standard on Touring and Elite builds.
- Intelligent Traction Management: Intelligent Traction Management technology will let you pass confidently over almost any terrain. Even in 2WD models, this feature optimizes your traction in the snow. In models equipped with AWD, it gives you superior grip in the sand and the mud as well!
- Remote Engine Start: You can get on the road more quickly—and prepare your cabin for the extremes of Detroit’s seasons—by taking advantage of Remote Engine Start technology. The Honda Pilot’s EX, EX-L, Touring and Elite trims can be turned on from a distance with their key fobs.
- Wheels, Tires, and Ground Clearance: The Honda Pilot’s ground clearance is 7.3 inches when it isn’t laden down with cargo. LX models have been equipped with 18-Inch Alloy Wheels, and on the EX and EX-L trims, they’ve been machine-finished for durability and style. Touring and Elite models have received 20-Inch Alloy Wheels, and each of its available trim levels feature All-Season Tires.
Test Drive the Pilot at Your Local Detroit Area Honda Dealer!
The 2019 Honda Pilot’s horsepower, fuel-economy, and standard features make it the perfect SUV for drivers who won’t let anything hold them back. If you like what you’ve seen in this vehicle so far, we’re sure that you’ll love how you feel behind the wheel. Contact your local Detroit Area Honda Dealer to take one of our current offers for a test drive.
*Based on 2018 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.