Looking for an SUV that offers all the features your friends and family deserve? Look no further! The 2019 Honda Pilot offers a spacious, well-appointed interior, leading technology features, and a whole lot more! According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, it’s also one of the safest SUVs on the road today. For any drivers familiar with Honda’s all-wheel drive lineup, this award should come as little surprise. Honda’s models have always been ahead of the curve in terms of accessible, high-end safety features, and this year’s Pilot is offering Honda Sensing driver assistance features in each of its available trims. Read on to find out what safety features set this SUV apart.
What Makes a Top Safety Pick+?
Only a handful of vehicles are honored with the IIHS’s Top Safety Pick+ designation, and it’s not hard to see why. In order to earn the award, vehicles must meet or exceed some of the strictest qualifications demanded by any ratings agency operating today. The IIHS requires Top Safety Pick+ vehicles to receive:
- A ‘Good’ rating in Driver-Side Small Overlap Front collisions and Moderate Overlap Front collisions.
- A ‘Good’ rating in Passenger’s Side, Roof Strength and Head Restraint tests.
- An ‘Acceptable’ or better rating in Passenger-Side Small Overlap collisions
- Available ‘Advanced’ or ‘Superior’ Front Crash Protection Systems
- Available Headlights with a ‘Good’ Rating
Honda Pilot Safety Features
The 2019 Honda Pilot either met or exceeded each of the above qualifications, but for any driver familiar with its extensive array of safety features, this achievement should come as no surprise! We’ve highlighted a few of the Pilot’s most powerful standard and available safety technologies in the space below. Unless otherwise noted, these features are standard across all trims.
- Vehicle Stability Assist with Traction Control
- Advanced Compatibility Engineering (ACE) Body Structure
- Automatic High-Beam Headlights
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera with Guidelines
- LED Daytime Running Lights
- Collision Mitigation Braking System (Honda Sensing feature)
- Road Departure Mitigation System (Honda Sensing feature)
- Adaptive Cruise Control (Honda Sensing feature)
- Lane Keeping Assist System (Honda Sensing feature)
- Blind Spot Monitoring System with Cross-Traffic Monitor (Standard in EX and up)
- Intelligent Variable Torque Management (I-VTM4) All-Wheel Drive (Available in LX and up, Standard in Elite)
Get Behind the Wheel!
Now that you’ve got a feel for the features that make the 2019 Honda Pilot one of the safest SUVs around, it’s time to take your turn behind the wheel. Once you’ve had the chance to take one of our current offers for a test drive, you won’t be able to settle for any other car. Learn more about the Honda Pilot’s safety rating today by reaching out to your local Detroit Area Honda Dealer.