Nissan Versa Note mpg ratings might seem acceptable enough when you check them out in isolation, but you’ll quickly understand how subpar they really are when you bring a leading subcompact like the Honda Fit into the mix. Given that the Honda Fit offers better long-term value and stronger performance, it becomes increasingly hard to understand the Nissan Versa Note’s appeal.
With that in mind, read on to compare:
- Residual Value
- MPG Ratings
- Engine Specs
You might be led to believe that the Nissan Versa Note offers greater value than the Honda Fit since it starts at just 15,650 MSRP vs. Honda Fit priced at $16,190*. However, that small difference in starting price won’t seem so important when you compare predicted residual value:
- ALG Residual Value After 36 months: 51% with the Honda vs. just 32% with the Nissan.
- ALG Residual Value After 60 months: 37% with the Honda vs. just 23% with the Nissan.
The Honda Fit will actually end up holding more value after 60 months than the Nissan Versa will after 36.
A more efficient vehicle means more time behind the wheel and less time and money at your local gas station, and the Honda Fit pulls far ahead of the Nissan Versa Note:
- Honda Fit: Up to an EPA-estimated 33 mpg in the city and 40 mpg on the highway**.
- Nissan Versa Note: Up to an EPA-estimated 31 mpg in the city and 39 mpg on the highway.
You might assume the Honda Fit’s exceptional efficiency scores mean that performance falls flat, but a look at engine specs should change your mind.
- Honda Fit: A 1.5L 4-cylinder makes up to 128 hp and 113 lb-ft of torque.
- Nissan Versa Note: A 1.6 four-cylinder makes up to 109 hp and 107 lb-ft of torque.
Edmunds.com remarked that “the Versa Note offers little in terms of performance” and measured far superior acceleration with the Honda Fit:
- Zero to 60 mph in just 8.8 seconds with the Honda Fit.
- Zero to 60 mph in 10.4 seconds with the Nissan Versa Note.
Enjoy Exceptional Performance Around Detroit with the 2019 Honda Fit
*MSRP excluding tax, license, registration, $920.00 destination charge and options. Dealers set own prices.
**Based on 2019 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.