All it takes is a quick 2020 Honda CR-V vs. 2020 Toyota RAV4 comparison to see why the Honda CR-V is still considered the king of crossover SUVs. To find out for yourself what helps set it apart, read on to explore:
- Starting Prices
- Power and MPG
- Space and Features
If doesn’t matter if you’re looking at entry-level trims or top-tier models, the Toyota RAV4 is going to demand more than the Honda CR-V.
Entry-level trims include:
- 2020 Honda CR-V LX 2WD CVT: Priced at $25,050*
- 2020 Toyota RAV4 LE FWD: Priced at $25,950
Top trims include:
- 2020 Honda CR-V Touring AWD CVT: Priced at $34,750*
- 2020 Toyota RAV4 Limited AWD: Priced at $35,880
Power and MPG
|2020 Honda CR-V LX 2WD CVT||2020 Toyota RAV4 LE FWD|
|179 lb-ft||Torque||184 lb-ft|
|28**||EPA-Estimated City MPG||26|
Both vehicles offer AWD or FWD, plus plenty of power across all models. However, the Honda CR-V still manages to edge ahead when you turn to city-based efficiency scores, making it an ideal option for those concerned about fuel consumption.
Space and Features
The Honda CR-V has always delivered outstanding interior dimensions, and the latest model pulls far ahead of what the Toyota RAV4 can offer:
- Passenger Space: Up to 105.9 cubic feet in the Honda vs. 98.9 cubic feet in the Toyota.
- Cargo Space Behind the 2nd Row: Up to 39.2 cubic feet in the Honda vs. 37.6 cubic feet in the Toyota.
- Cargo Space Behind the 1st Row:Up to 75.8 cubic feet in the Honda vs. 69.8 cubic feet in the Toyota.
Compare Honda CR-V standard features against Toyota RAV4 standard features and you’ll find only the former selection includes:
- Automatic Headlights
- Auto-Off Headlights
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera
The Honda CR-V Always Comes Out Ahead of the Toyota RAV4
As concluded by Autotrader: “If you’re in the market for a compact crossover, the CR-V quite simply needs to be on your test-drive list.” Find yours available with fantastic special offers at your local Detroit Area Honda dealer. For any further assistance, feel free to contact us directly.
*MSRP excluding tax, license, registration, $1,095.00 destination charge and options. Dealers set own prices.
**Based on 2019 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.