Despite offering 8-passenger seating and powerful engine specs, Honda Pilot MPG still comes out way ahead of what you might expect from a 3-row SUV. That might be why critics from The Car Connection call it “a three-row family crossover at the top of its class.”
If you’re looking for family vehicle capable of blending impressive capability with exceptional efficiency scores, read on to explore:
- Honda Pilot Engine Specs
- Honda Pilot Fuel Economy & Efficiency Features
Honda Pilot Engine Specs
All Honda Pilot trim levels receive the same 3.5L 24-Valve SOHC i-VTEC® V6 engine for up to 280 hp and 262 lb-ft of torque. That means enjoying everything from brisk city-based driving to phenomenal passing power on the highway, plus up to 3,500 lbs. of towing with 2WD models or 5,000 lbs. with AWD models.
Honda Pilot Fuel Economy
Drivers are free to customize Honda Pilot performance by choosing between two transmission systems. LX, EX, and EX-L trims come fitted as standard with 6-Speed Automatic Transmission (6AT), while the Touring, Elite, and Black Edition feature 9-Speed Automatic Transmission (9AT) with Shift-By-Wire (SBW) and Paddle Shifters.
Efficiency scores come in at:
- Up to an EPA-estimated 19 mpg in the city and 27 mpg on the highway with 6-speed automatic and 2WD*.
- Up to an EPA-estimated 18 mpg in the city and 26 mpg on the highway with 6-speed automatic trims and AWD*.
- Up to an EPA-estimated 20 mpg in the city and 27 mpg on the highway with 9-speed automatic trims and 2WD*.
- Up to an EPA-estimated 19 mpg in the city and 26 mpg on the highway with 9-speed automatic trims and AWD*.
To ensure you get the most from each drop of fuel, Honda Pilot fuel efficiency features include:
- Eco Assist™ System
- Variable Cylinder Management™ (VCM®)
Take Command of the 2020 Honda Pilot for Yourself by Arranging a Test Drive
Whether you’re interested in Honda Pilot cargo space or the latest special offers, the team at your local Detroit Honda dealer can help. For any further advice or assistance, feel free to get in touch today.
*Based on 2019 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.