Convert Any Honda Civic To A Comfortable Camper
Adventurous Honda Civic owners can transform their vehicle into the perfect camping vessel with just a few short steps and minimal money spent (depending on how much camping gear they already own). There’s a whole world to be seen, and all you need is a Honda Civic and a few pieces of equipment in Detroit.
To convert your Honda Civic into a comfortable sleeper with everything you need to cook and stay warm, follow the steps listed below:
- Fold the driver and passenger seats forward, and collapse the back seats. If you don’t already have a sleeping mat or inflatable pad, invest in one.
- For maximum comfort, campers can take the time to create a wooden platform to place in the trunk and create a more even sleeping surface. They can also use an extra sleeping pad to do the trick.
- Insert your camping mattress, blankets, pillows, sleeping bags, and lanterns.
- Sleep tight.
Pro Tip: Sleeping bags are often rated at the temperature at which they can keep people warm. A bag rated 10 degrees cooler than the expected low temperature should typically do the trick.
Drivers can also use their Honda Civic to erect a mobile kitchen. We recommend bringing or purchasing a small table, a tray, a camping stove, and a box full of utensils and plates. Set up your kitchen as follows:
- Open the trunk and set up a small tray to protect your bedding from your cooking accessories. Maybe play some music through a portable speaker here too.
- Use the purchased table to set up your stove and turn it on.
- Have a seat on your cooler while you watch dinner cook, and enjoy all that nature offers.
The 2022 Honda Civic not only gives adventurers the storage they need for their gear, but it also receives over 30 MPG city and 38 MPG on the highway*. Come into one of your local car dealerships in Detroit today to ask about accessories and available hatchback options.
*30 city/38 highway/33 combined mpg rating for LX. 26 city/36 highway/29 combined mpg rating for Sport 6MT. 29 city/37 highway/32 combined mpg rating for Sport CVT. 31 city/39 highway/35 combined mpg rating for EX-L. 28 city/37 highway/31 combined mpg rating for Sport Touring 6MT. 30 city/37 highway/33 combined mpg rating for Sport Touring CVT. Based on 2022 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.