Detroit drivers naturally look for the best new cars when searching for anything from a subcompact to a 3-row SUV. The team over at Autotrader spend the whole year searching for those top-tier models, and they’ve just named the all-new Honda Passport a “Best New Car for 2019”.
Read on to explore how Autotrader made the cut and how the Honda Passport pulled ahead.
Autotrader’s Best New Car for 2019 Awards
Autotrader test drives just about every new car available each year, and they managed to narrow down the latest models to decide on 12 for their Best New Car list. Models were carefully evaluated by editorial staff who unanimously agreed that these models “shake up their respective segments all in their own unique way.”
Each one is either completely redesigned or an all-new model. Autotrader notes that “all bring something fresh and innovative compared to their competitors.”
Honda Passport: Best Crossover SUV
Just launched on February 4, 2019, the all-new 2019 Honda Passport offers an exceptional combination of on-road refinement and off-road capability, plus leading interior space and high-end features. As summed up by Autotrader themselves: “We like the Passport because of its rugged look and just the way it comes off like a younger, feistier version of the Honda Pilot.”
It achieves that celebrated blend of performance and capability by delivering:
- 280 hp, 262 lb-ft of Torque 3.5L i-VTEC® V6 Engine
- 9-Speed Automatic Transmission (9AT) with Shift-By-Wire (SBW) and Paddle Shifters
- Intelligent Variable Torque Management™ (i-VTM4®) AWD System
- Intelligent Traction Management
- Up to 3,500 lbs. of towing with 2WD or 5,000 lbs. with AWD.
All five passengers can stretch out and relax thanks to 115.9 cubic feet of passenger volume, and up to a staggering 100.7 cubic feet of cargo space accommodates all you need to take.
Feature highlights include:
- Heated Front and Rear Seats
- Ventilated Front Seats
- 10-Speaker Premium Audio System
- Power Tailgate with Available Hands-Free Access
- 8-Inch Display Audio Touchscreen
- Apple CarPlay™/Android Auto Smartphone Integration
2019 Honda Passport Dominates Other Crossovers Across Detroit Roads
To take a closer look at Honda AWD models or compare Honda Ridgeline trims, simply visit your local Detroit Area Honda showroom. You can also contact us today to find out more and discuss the latest specials.