If safety is at the top of your new car priority list this holiday season, consider one of our Honda cars. Our Honda models come standard with a laundry list of safety features that work to show our commitment to deliver “Safety For Everyone,” which is our global safety philosophy.
Honda SensingⓇ-Active Honda Safety Features
We’ve created Honda Sensing, that’s an intelligent suite of active safety and driver-assistive technologies. These active safety technologies are always at work so drivers can focus on the road:
- Collision Mitigation Braking System™- Applies brake pressure when an unavoidable accident is determined*
- Road Departure Mitigation System-Adjusts steering and braking if you cross lanes without signaling*
- Adaptive Cruise Control-Maintains a set following interval behind detected vehicles
- Lane Keeping Assist System-Adjusts steering to help you keep centered in a detected lane*
- Traffic Sign Recognition-Can notify drivers of posted speed limits with the use of a small camera*
- Honda LaneWatch™-When you signal right, the passenger-side camera mirror will turn on and display live video on your Display Audio Touch-Screen**
- Blind Spot Information System-When you turn your signal on and a car is detected in the lane next to you, the indicator blinks and beeps until the area is clear or you turn your signal off**
- Cross Traffic Monitor-You will hear beeps and indicators on the Display Auto Touch-Screen when a vehicle is approaching while you’re in reverse with the help of a Multi-Angle Rearview Camera**
- Auto High-Beam Headlights-While driving 25 mph at night and the headlight level is in the low-beam position with the switch rotated to AUTO; the system intuitively changes between low and high beams depending on the conditions you’re in**
Passive Honda Car Safety Features
Passive safety systems are only needed in an accident and the following come standard on all Honda cars:
- ACE™ Body Structure (Exclusive to Honda)- Enhances occupant protection as well as crash compatibility in frontal collisions by distributing crash energy more evenly throughout the front of the vehicle
- Front Seat Belts with Pretensioner and Load Limiter-The seat belts will instantly retract when a strong frontal impact is detected, then give slightly to reduce the pressure it applies to the occupant’s chest.
- Advanced Airbag Technology-All of our Honda models has advanced front-airbags to help you in the event of an accident.
We would love to show you how our Honda safety features work so schedule your test drive today at your local Honda dealer today!
*Standard on all Honda cars
**Only available on select Honda cars