Expect More Safety from the 2018 Honda Accord
Active Safety Features
Active safety features work to ensure that the driver can remain in control of the vehicle, regardless of weather conditions or terrain. These features make avoiding accidents much easier, as the driver can make more informed decisions. A few of these features include:
- Vehicle Stability Assist with Traction Control – Keep vehicle control at all times without worrying about the terrain or climate with better stability.
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System – Ensure that you stay on top of tire maintenance with this system that lets you know when it’s time to adjust air pressure.
- Collision Mitigation Braking System – Avoid accidents with help from the CMBS, which applies brake pressure if the Honda Accord is approaching the car ahead too quickly.
- Road Departure Mitigation System – If the vehicle senses that it is moving from the designated lanes, it will help correct driver steering so the Accord remains centered in its lane.
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera with Dynamic Guidelines – Three different rearview angles provide a clear view of whatever may be blocking the path.
Passive Safety Features
Just as important as active safety features, passive safety features give drivers extra peace of mind by providing safety tech that works to reduce collisions and their impact. Some examples of passive safety features can be found below:
- Airbags – The 2018 Honda Accord comes equipped with a comprehensive set of airbags to keep passengers safer. These include dual-stage multiple-threshold front airbags, SmartVent side airbags, and side curtain airbags with rollover sensors.
- ACE Body Structure – If a collision is inevitable, this specialized body structure will help redirect the impact of the crash away from the passengers, keeping everyone in the cabin better protected.
- Seatbelt Reminder – The driver and front passenger will always be reminded to buckle up before setting out on the road.
Driver-assistance features focus on one job and one job only: making sure that drivers are comfortable, in control, and, most importantly, safe. With the proper use of these features, drivers can actively contribute to making the roads safer. These features include:
- Lane Keeping Assist System – Actively prevent accidents from taking place by remaining in your lane at all times; if you start to sway, the LKAS will alert you so that you can bring the vehicle back to its designated lane.
- Adaptive Cruise Control – Rush-hour traffic and long journeys in the countryside are much less taxing with some help from a speed-regulating adaptive cruise control system that keeps you within the natural flow of traffic.
- Traffic Sign Recognition System – Never miss a hidden speed limit sign when you have access to information like the current speed limit via the Head-Up Display.
- Blind Spot Information System with Cross Traffic Monitor – Blind spots are a thing of the past thanks to this system, which helps keep drivers informed of objects approaching the vehicle from the left or right side as it is reversing.
- Automatic High-Beam Headlights – Visibility is the best way to make sure that other vehicles on the road know you’re there. These automatic headlights brightly light your way and keep you visible to other drivers.
Test Drive the 2018 Honda Accord Today
If you’re eager to learn more about the safety-conscious 2018 Honda Accord, then you’ll definitely want to come down to visit the team at your local Detroit Area Honda Dealer to set up a test drive and ask questions about financing or our currently running offers. We can’t wait to meet you and set you up with a Honda of your very own!