The 2017 Honda Accord Sedan Safety Is Top of the Line
Passive safety features are not always in play, but are built into the vehicle’s framework or are set in motion when an actual collision occurs. Regardless of when they come into play, they’re important and irreplaceable aspects of vehicle safety. Some of these safety features include:
- Advanced Compatibility Engineering Body Structure – In case of collision, the Accord Sedan is built specifically to minimize damage to the vehicle and passengers.
- Driver and Front Passenger Seat-Belt Reminder – Seat-belt reminders make sure that drivers and their passengers always strap in for maximum safety.
- Front three-point seat belts with automatic tensioning system – The seat belts on the Accord Sedan employ various extra safety measures to make sure all passengers are strapped in tight.
- Airbag Systems – These advanced airbag systems include dual-stage multiple threshold front airbags, SmartVent side airbags, and side curtain airbags with rollover sensor. This variety of airbag coverage ensures that in the case of a crash, passengers and cargo will remain as safe as possible.
Active safety features are meant to ensure that no matter the driving conditions, the driver will always remain in total control of the vehicle. With less to worry about in the safety department, drivers can enjoy their driving experience that much more. Just a few of these safety-enhancing features include:
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera with Dynamic Guidelines – See everything around your vehicle clearly and avoid obstacles with these helpful cameras.
- Road Departure Mitigation System – Staying alert and in your lane is simple thanks to the lane-sensing radars that will keep you on the road.
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System – Never again will you forget to keep up maintenance for one of the most important elements of your car.
- Collision Mitigation Braking System – Avoid accidents before they happen with the help of a smart and predictive system that brakes for you in times of need.
- Vehicle Stability Assist with Traction Control – Stay in control no matter the terrain, climate, or cargo load you’re carrying with the help of this feature.
These features help keep drivers alert and aware of their surroundings, while making driving easier, safer, and more convenient. These features can also help to reduce driver fatigue and keep the roads safer for other vehicles. Features that take on this important task include:
- Lane Keeping Assist System – You can easily prevent potential collisions by making sure to stay in your lane at all times, and this system will help you do so.
- Honda LaneWatch – This system makes changing lanes simpler and safer with a camera mounted on the passenger-side mirror to show you what’s coming before you make your move.
- Adaptive Cruise Control – With speed-regulating cruise control, heavy traffic and long drives are no longer a source of frustration.
- Auto High-Beam Headlights – Their priority is to light your way wherever you go, so that you can both see and be seen on the road.
See the 2017 Honda Accord Sedan in Person
We’ve only explored the tip of the iceberg today; there’s still so much more to learn about this amazing vehicle. Discover the interior, exterior, technology, and performance aspects of the 2017 Honda Accord Sedan for yourself when you contact us or drop by a Detroit Area Honda Dealer near you for a test drive. We can’t wait to introduce you to our available vehicles and special offers!
*Government 5-Star Safety Ratings are part of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s (NHTSA’s) New Car Assessment Program. For additional information on the 5-Star Safety Ratings program, please visit www.safercar.gov.
**The 2017 Ridgeline and Pilot with Honda Sensing™ and LED headlights, and the 2017 Accord Sedan with Honda Sensing™ and projector beam halogen headlights have been awarded the coveted 2017 TOP SAFETY PICK+ rating from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) in recognition of their superior crash safety performance.