The 2018 Honda Civic Coupe Safety
Advanced Compatibility Engineering Body Structure
The Civic Coupe has a deep commitment to safety that is built directly into its engineering. Advanced Compatibility Engineering body structure is an innovative safety feature that utilizes a network of frame structures to:
- Absorb crash energy and distribute it away from the passengers inside
- Minimize the amount of force transferred to the other vehicle involved, keeping everyone on the road safer.
Airbags and Seat Belts
- Advanced Front Airbags
- SmartVent Front Side Airbags
- Side Curtain Airbags with Rollover Sensor
- 3-Point Seat Belts at All Seating Positions
- Front 3-Point Seat Belts with Automatic Tensioning System
- Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children (LATCH)
- Driver’s and Front Passenger’s Seat Belt Reminder
Active Safety Features
The Civic Coupe includes a long list of active safety features that are present on every single model—from the entry-level LX to the top-of-the-line Touring. These features help the Civic Coupe keep good, tractive control with the road, ensure that the Civic Coupe is clearly visible to other drivers while illuminating the way ahead, and bring the Civic Coupe to a stop more quickly and safely in an emergency braking situation.
- Vehicle Stability Assist with Traction Control
- Anti-Lock Braking System
- Electronic Brake Distribution
- Brake Assist
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- LED Daytime Running Lights
Multi-Angle Rearview Camera
Every model of the Civic Coupe comes equipped with a multi-angle rearview camera that allows drivers to check the surroundings of the Civic Coupe before backing out. And with guidelines as a standard feature, and dynamic guidelines as an upgrade on the upper trim levels, drivers can maneuver in and out of tight spaces with ease. The camera features three different angles, each offering an optimal view for different driving situations.
- Normal View – Check the path behind the Civic Coupe before reversing.
- Wide View – The wider view allows drivers to see vehicles or pedestrians who might be approaching the rear.
- Top-Down View – Optimal angle when parallel parking.
Honda Sensing is a suite of driver-assistance technology that helps drivers see more, do more, and drive more safely on the road. The package comes standard on the Touring model and includes:
- Forward Collision Warning – Front sensors detect when on oncoming vehicle or other object is dangerously approaching the Civic Coupe and issues a warning to the driver to take swift action.
- Lane Departure Warning – If the Civic Coupe begins to sway or veer out of its lane on the highway, drivers will be warned to correct and straighten the steering.
- Collision Mitigation Braking System – When an oncoming vehicle and imminent collision is detected, this system can engage the brakes in order to mitigate any frontal impact.
- Road Departure Mitigation System – If the Civic Coupe rolls over lane lines or road markings, this system can engage the brakes and steering to prevent it from going off the road.
- Lane Keeping Assist System – If the Lane Departure Warning goes unheeded, this system can nudge the steering to bring the Civic Coupe back into the center of the lane.
- Adaptive Cruise Control – Drivers select their desired speed and distance interval with the vehicle ahead on the road, and this system automatically adjusts to changes in the flow of traffic.
A small camera mounted on the passenger’s side mirror displays a live video feed on the audio touchscreen inside the cabin when a right lane change is signaled. Honda LaneWatch comes standard starting on the EX-T trim level.
- Live video feed displays on the 7-inch Display Audio touchscreen.
- Drivers can see up to four times more than using the mirror alone.
More Safety Throughout the Trim Levels
As drivers explore the trim levels, the Civic Coupe features equipment that provides more safety including security systems and automatic locks, as well as a navigation system that allows drivers to input instructions safely using voice-recognition technology.
- Power Door Locks with Auto-Lock Feature
- Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System with Voice Recognition
- Security System with Remote Entry and Trunk Release
- Smart Entry with Walk Away Auto Lock