2018 Honda Civic Hatchback: Interior Features and Design
Civic Hatchback Interior Dimensions
Whether you’re making your daily commute or taking your friends on a road trip, you’ll have plenty of space to stretch out in the Civic Hatchback. LX and Sport models seat up to five and offer 97.2 cubic feet of passenger space, while the even more well-equipped EX, EX-L Navi, and Sport Touring models provide 94.8 cubic feet of the same. With its rear seats upright, this Civic gives you access to 25.7 cubic feet of cargo volume, or 22.6 cubic feet in Sport and Sport Touring models. With their rear seating laid flat, all Civic Hatchback models offer 46.2 cubic feet of total storage space.
Seating and Comfort Features
The 2018 Honda Civic Hatchback’s interior offers plenty of utility, but that doesn’t mean it’s lacking in terms of luxury. The features you’ll find here can make every day a little bit easier and more enjoyable.
- Leather-Trimmed Interior: The Civic Hatchback lets you ride in style. EX-L Navi and Sport Touring models both come standard with a leather-trimmed interior.
- Leather-Wrapped Features: You’re sure to feel more at home behind the wheel when you equip your model with a leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob. Both are standard on the Sport, EX-L Navi, and Sport Touring trim levels.
- Fold-Down Rear Seatback: Every Civic Hatchback includes a 60/40-split fold-down rear seatback. Each side can be folded down separately, so you can dramatically expand your cargo bay without totally eliminating your rear seating space.
- Heated Seats: Those who upgrade to the Civic Hatchback’s EX-L Navi trim will receive heated front seats, sure to be appreciated during the coming Detroit winter. Upgrading one more step to the Sport Touring level will earn you heated rear outboard seats, too.
- Power-Adjustable Front Seating: An 8-way power-adjustable driver’s seat comes standard on EX-L Navi and Sport Touring models, and in the latter, you’ll also find a four-way power-adjustable front passenger’s seat.
- Dual-Zone Automatic Climate Control: The days of arguing with your passengers about your vehicle’s interior temperature can now be placed firmly behind you. EX, EX-L Navi, and Sport Touring models include dual-zone automatic climate control, standard.
Civic Hatchback Convenience, Connectivity, and Technology
We’ve barely scratched the surface of what the Civic Hatchback has to offer. A few of this model’s most exciting technologies have been highlighted below, and curious drivers can get a better sense of this model’s capabilities by exploring J.D. Power’s breakdown of its features.
- Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System: EX-L Navi and Sport Touring models offer a system with turn-by-turn direction, 3D environment rendering, HD Digital Traffic Projection, voice recognition, and even Song by Voice technology.
- HondaLink: All EX, EX-L, and Sport Touring models include HondaLink, a smartphone integration system that offers detailed vehicle guides, 24-hour roadside assistance, parking location reminders, service scheduling, and more.
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto: With Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, you’ll be able to access and control the entirety of your smartphone’s audio library using your Civic Hatchback’s entertainment controls. These features come standard on all trim levels beyond the LX and the Sport.
- 540-Watt Premium Audio System: Enjoy the high-fidelity audio you’ve always dreamed about with this high-end entertainment system. With 12 speakers, a subwoofer, and tons of power, this system is sure to excite the whole family. It’s standard on the top-of-the-line Sport Touring trim.