Safety Features of the 2018 Honda Civic Hatchback
Active Safety Features
The 2018 Civic Hatchback’s active safety features give you the maneuverability and control you’ll need to rapidly respond to threats and changing road conditions. What’s more, they also foster superior general performance.
- Vehicle Stability Assist: VSA with traction control automatically redirects your engine’s power to the points where you need it most. When you’re going around a curve or traversing loose terrain, this smart technology helps to keep you on the right path.
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera: This camera system, which comes standard with guidelines, makes it easy to maneuver in tight spaces. All models offer top-down, wide-angle, and normal viewing modes, and EX, EX-L, and Touring models all offer even more convenience with dynamic guidelines.
- LED Daytime Running Lights: Even during daytime hours, low-light conditions can generate uncertainty and danger on the road. This hatchback’s daytime running lights will ensure that you can see and be seen no matter the time of day.
Passive Safety Features
Thanks to the Civic Hatchback’s array of passive safety features, it can provide superior protection in the event of a crash. All of this model’s passive safety features come standard on its baseline LX trim level, so you won’t have to pay extra for peace of mind.
- Advanced Compatibility Engineering: This vehicle’s frame has been designed with materials that make it rigid in some areas, and flexible in others. ACE body structure technology allows the Civic Hatchback to keep the force of collisions from reaching you and your passengers.
- Airbag Systems: Every Civic Hatchback includes advanced front airbags (i-SRS), SmartVent front side airbags, and side curtain airbags that operate with a rollover sensor.
- Seat Belts and LATCH: Each Civic Hatchback seat has a three-point seat belt, and those in the front row offer automatic reminders as well as automatic tensioning. Additionally, the Civic Hatchback sports a fully functional system of Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children (LATCH) making it easy to strap in child safety seats on the go.
Honda Sensing and Driver-Assist Safety Features
No driver should have to miss out on the next generation of smart safety technologies, and in the 2018 Honda Civic Hatchback, some of the most exciting new features are available or standard in almost every trim level.
- Honda Sensing: The active and driver-assist safety features grouped into the Honda Sensing package are available at every trim level save the Sport, and they come standard on Sport Touring models. Honda Sensing includes a Forward Collision Warning, a Lane Departure Warning, Adaptive Cruise Control, a Collision Mitigation Braking System, a Road Departure Mitigation System, and a Lane Keeping Assist System.
- Auto High-Beam Headlights: These lights control your high beams, responding automatically to the presence of oncoming traffic. Like Honda Sensing, this feature comes standard on Sport Touring models.
- Honda LaneWatch: Drivers who upgrade to the EX trim or higher will receive Honda LaneWatch as a standard feature. Simply activate your right turn signal to view a live feed of the activity in your right-hand lane, making it safer and easier to changes lanes.
Take the 2018 Honda Civic Hatchback for a Test Drive!
Don’t waste your time with this model’s competitors. The 2018 Honda Civic Hatchback offers all the safety features you could want in a small car, and when you take advantage of our current offers, it’s an affordable option for nearly any buyer. Contact us today to take your turn behind the wheel of this one-of-a-kind small car! It’s available now at a Detroit Area Honda Dealer near you!
*Government 5-Star Safety Ratings are part of the U.S. Department of Transportation’s New Car Assessment Program (www.safercar.gov). Model tested with standard side airbags (SAB).