The Technology Inside the 2018 Honda Civic Hatchback
Standard Comfort Technology
The entry-level LX model starts the entire model lineup with a bang. It includes abundant technology, with many features devoted to providing comfort and convenience.
- Automatic Climate Control System
- Cruise Control
- 12-Volt Power Outlet
- Rear Window Defroster with Timer
- Illuminated Steering Wheel–Mounted Controls
Standard Entertainment and Audio
The Honda Civic Hatchback also treats drivers to technology that will keep them engaged, entertained, and relaxed, with easy access to audio content on your favorite devices. And with hands-free technology, drivers can pair the perfect soundtrack to their journey while keeping their hands on the wheel and their eyes on the road.
- 160-Watt Audio System with Four Speakers
- 5-Inch Color LCD Screen
- Bluetooth HandsFreeLink and Streaming Audio
- Speed-Sensitive Volume Control
- USB Audio Interface
Every Civic Hatchback model comes fully equipped with features where safety meets technology. From features that help the Civic come to a stop more quickly and safely to a multi-angle rearview camera that helps drivers see more when backing in and out of tight spaces, the standard technology features include:
- Anti-Lock Braking System
- Electronic Brake Distribution
- Brake Assist
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera with Guidelines
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- LED Daytime Running Lights
The Honda Sensing suite of driver-assist technology helps ensure the safety of drivers and passengers alike. Available on all trims and standard on the Sport Touring, the suite includes:
Forward Collision Warning
– Sensors can detect when an oncoming vehicle is dangerously approaching the Civic Hatchback and can warn the driver of an impending collision.
Lane Departure Warning
– This system can alert the driver when the Civic Hatchback goes over lane lines on the highway signaling for a lane change.
Collision Mitigation Braking System
– This system can engage the brakes of the Civic Hatchback in order to mitigate any impact with an oncoming vehicle or other object.
Road Departure Mitigation System
– If the Civic Hatchback drives over lane lines and road markings, this system can kick in, engage the brakes and steering, and keep the Civic Hatchback from going off the road.
Lane Keeping Assist System
– This system can nudge the vehicle’s steering if the car begins to sway and roll over lane lines on the road to bring it back steadily into the center of the lane.
Adaptive Cruise Control with Low-Speed Follow
– Drivers can select the desired speed and distance interval with the car ahead, and this system balances between the two settings by cruising at the desired speed but adapting to changes in traffic without extra input from the driver.
As drivers explore the upper trim levels, more technology and upgrades to the entry-level audio systems and other features become mainstays of the EX and EX-L Navi mid-level models. A look inside these models will reveal equipment that includes:
- Honda LaneWatch
- Push-Button Start Dual-Zone Automatic Climate Control System
- Automatic-Dimming Rearview Mirror
- Remote Entry
- 180-Watt Audio System with Eight Speakers
- 7-Inch Touchscreen with Customizable Feature Settings
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Pandora Compatibility
- SMS Text Message Function
- Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System with Voice Recognition
Sport Touring Technology
For drivers who want the Civic Hatchback with the most technology, the Sport Touring is the one for you. It upgrades the audio system to a 540-watt Premium Audio System with 12 speakers, including a subwoofer. It also comes fully equipped with the Honda Sensing suite of driver-assistance technology as standard equipment.