The 2018 Honda Civic Sedan Technology
Standard Comfort Technology
The entry-level LX model sets the bar high for other vehicles in its class with a long list of technology that provides more comfort and convenience for everyday life inside. In fact, Kelley Blue Book says the Civic Sedan “has become the benchmark for the compact class.” This impressively equipped entry-level Honda Civic offers:
- Automatic Climate Control System
- Cruise Control
- Electronic Remote Trunk Release
- 12-Volt Power Outlet
- Rear Window Defroster with Timer
- Illuminated Steering Wheel–Mounted Controls
The LX also features technology that keeps everyone entertained and connected while behind the wheel, no matter how long the journey might be.
- 160-Watt Audio System with Four Speakers
- 5-Inch Color LCD Screen
- Bluetooth HandsFreeLink and Streaming Audio
- Speed-Sensitive Volume Control
The Honda Civic Sedan has a commitment to safety. Every one of its models comes fully equipped with standard active safety features that include:
- Vehicle Stability Assist with Traction Control
- Anti-Lock Braking System
- Electronic Brake Distribution
- Brake Assist
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera
- LED Daytime Running Lights
The Honda Sensing package is a suite of driver-assistance technology that helps drivers see more, do more, and drive more safely on the road. Honda Sensing is available starting with the entry-level LX model, offering drivers peace of mind with systems that include:
- Forward Collision Warning – Senses when the Civic Sedan is dangerously approaching an oncoming vehicle or other object and can warn the driver to take action.
- Lane Departure Warning – Sensors can detect when the Civic Sedan sways over lane lines without a signal change and can warn the driver to correct the steering.
- Collision Mitigation Braking System – This system can automatically engage the brakes of the Civic Sedan when an impending frontal impact is detected.
- Road Departure Mitigation System – Engaging the brakes and steering, this system can keep the Civic Sedan from going over road markings and driving off the road.
- Lane Keeping Assist System – If the Lane Departure Warning goes unheeded, this system can nudge the steering to bring the Civic Sedan back into the center of the lane.
- Adaptive Cruise Control – Drivers select their desired speed and distance interval with the vehicle ahead of them on the road, and this system balances between them, keeping the Civic Sedan naturally within the flow of traffic.
For drivers who want even more technology, the EX is a great mid-level trim that offers additions, edits, and upgrades to the tech on the LX. This trim level adds:
- One-Touch Power Moonroof with Tilt Feature
- Push-Button Start
- 180-Watt Audio System with Eight Speakers
- 7-Inch Display Audio with High-Resolution Electrostatic Touchscreen and Customizable Feature Settings
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto Integration
- Pandora Compatibility
- SMS Text Message Function
- Honda LaneWatch
The EX-T model upgrades the interior with luxurious materials such as a leather-wrapped steering wheel, leather-wrapped shift knob, and more. But it also adds even more technology, including:
- Fog Lights
- Dual-Zone Automatic Climate Control System
- Heated Front Seats
The EX-L continues to add luxury inside the cabin with leather-trimmed seats and a driver’s seat with eight-way power adjustment, plus more. This trim brings more technology to the table, including:
- Automatic-Dimming Rearview Mirror
- Available Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System with Voice Recognition
At the top of the line, the Touring model is the trim level to consider for the most tech-savvy drivers. It includes the navigation system that is available on the EX-L as a part of its standard equipment, plus more features that include:
- Heated Seats (Front and Outboard Rear)
- 450-Watt Premium Audio System with 10 Speakers, Including Subwoofer
- LED Headlights with Auto-On/Off (low and high beam)