Explore the 2018 Honda CR-V’s Utility
CR-V Power and Efficiency
The CR-V has been designed with utility in mind, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t fun to drive! In this crossover, Honda has struck the ideal balance between precision, power, and fuel economy, and drivers from all walks of life are taking notice.
- Engine Options: The CR-V LX comes standard with a 2.4L Inline 4-cylinder engine that generates 184 hp and 180 lb-ft of torque. Upon upgrading to the EX, EX-L, or Touring trim levels, you’ll receive a 1.5L Inline 4-cylinder turbocharged engine that’s at once smaller and more powerful.
- Continuously Variable Transmission: The best aspects of both manual and automatic systems combine in the CR-V’s standard continuously variable transmission. This efficiency-boosting technology also allows the CR-V to utilize an exciting Sport Mode setting.
- Suspension and Stability: MacPherson strut front suspension, multi-link double wishbone rear suspension, 17- or 18-inch alloy wheels and all-season tires work alongside technologies like variable ratio electric power assisted rack-and-pinion steering (EPS) to foster a luxurious touring experience, even in harsh conditions. The CR-V’s curb-to-curb turning diameter is 37.4 feet.
- Available All-Wheel Drive: Real Time All-Wheel Drive with an intelligent control system are available as a single unified upgrade in all four of the CR-V’s trim levels. Intelligent control shifts power where it’s needed even before you begin to slip, and when you go into a curve, it automatically adjusts your torque to improve handling.
- Fuel Economy: The CR-V’s fuel economy differs depending on which trim level and upgrades you select. LX 2WD models get an EPA-estimated 26 mpg city, 32 mpg highway, and 28 mpg combined,* while LX AWD models get an EPA-estimated 25 mpg city, 31 mpg highway, and 27 mpg combined.* 2WD EX, EX-L, and Touring with CVT models get an EPA-estimated 28 mpg city, 34 mpg highway, and 30 mpg combined.* AWD EX, EX-L, and Touring with CVT models get an EPA-estimated 27 mpg city, 33 mpg highway, and 29 mpg combined.*
Maximize Your Capacities
The reviewers at Car and Driver have noted that this year’s CR-V is currently “leading its class in cargo volume and luggage space,” and that’s not the only thing that sets the CR-V apart from its competitors! Its flexible, intelligent interior has been built to respond to your every whim, and its standard convenience features are sure to make your time on the road more enjoyable.
- Convenience Features: It’s easy to get more done when you know how to take advantage of the CR-V’s myriad convenience features. Cargo-area tie-down anchors and remote entry technology come standard on every trim, while features like remote engine start and dual-zone automatic climate control come equipped on the EX trim and up.
- Towing and Transport: Even those drivers who don’t opt for the CR-V’s available all-wheel drive technology will be able to tow up to 1,500 pounds without any upgrades. Additionally, the CR-V is available with plenty of utility-enhancing accessories, including cross bars, a roof-mounted bike attachment, and much more.
- Flexible Cargo Volume: As noted above, the CR-V’s cargo space makes it the standout option in its class. An easy fold-down 60/40-split rear seat comes standard, but even when you’re traveling with a full car-load of passengers, you’ll still have access to 39.2 cubic feet of storage space. When these rear seats have been folded flat, your cargo area expands to 75.8 cubic feet.
Take the 2018 Honda CR-V for a Test Drive!
You can experience the utility of the 2018 Honda CR-V by visiting any easy-to-reach local Detroit Area Honda Dealer. Our current offers make this compact crossover SUV affordable on just about any budget, and you can take your turn behind the wheel today! Contact one of our representatives to get started on your next adventure.
*Based on 2018 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions, and other factors.