Stay Safer on the Road with State-of-the-Art 2018 Honda Odyssey Safety Features
Standard Safety Features
Among the Honda Odyssey’s many advanced safety offerings, various features come standard across the trim level lineup and are found in each Odyssey model. They include:
- Vehicle Stability Assist with Traction Control: The Odyssey’s Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA) is an electronic stability control system that functions in concert with the van’s drive-by-wire throttle and four-channel ABS to boost control while the Odyssey accelerates, brakes, corners, or undergoes a sudden maneuver. VSA works by sending brake force independently to the wheels that need it while simultaneously managing the ignition, throttle, and fuel systems to help the Odyssey stay in its proper travel path.
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera with Guidelines: When the Odyssey is shifted into reverse, its standard multi-angle rearview camera goes into action to offer the driver a clear view of any obstacles behind the vehicle. The camera system is able to display a top, normal, or wide view, and dynamic guidelines project the path of the vehicle in accordance with steering inputs from the driver.
- ACE Body Structure: For the 2018 Odyssey, Honda’s exclusive Advanced Compatibility Engineering (ACE) body structure has undergone improvements. This second-generation body design bolsters protection and collision compatibility when the Odyssey is involved in frontal crashes and helps disperse crash energy more evenly across the front of the van as well as to other vehicles involved in a collision. ACE body structure further reduces the likelihood of one automobile overriding or under-riding another in a crash, and it provides added protection and strength in small front overlap collisions.
- Smart Airbags: Each Odyssey model is equipped with advanced airbags, including three-row side curtain airbags with a rollover sensor and SmartVent front side airbags. The side curtain airbags are designed to sense the type of collision that is occurring and various crash factors and then deploy accordingly. The Odyssey’s SmartVent front side airbags are designed to reduce risk of airbag-related injury when a small rider, like a child, is in the front seat.
Advanced Safety & Driver-Assist Features
The 2018 Odyssey also includes a full lineup of state-of-the-art driver-assist features to further help bolster safety for those riding onboard. These include Honda Sensing features including:
- Collision Mitigation Braking System
- Road Departure Mitigation System
- Forward Collision Warning
- Lane Departure Warning
- Lane Keeping Assist System
- Adaptive Cruise Control
These cutting-edge Honda Sensing technologies now come standard in all but the base model of the Odyssey lineup.
Other advanced safety offerings found onboard the Odyssey include a blind spot information system (BLIS), which comes standard for the EX trims and higher. The Odyssey’s BLIS uses radar sensors on the sides of the vehicle’s rear bumper to constantly monitor the van’s blind spot areas and help detect when another automobile is in the Odyssey’s blind spot. Visual and audio warnings are also issued to alert drivers of a vehicle in the blind spot, with an indicator lighting up near the side mirrors to show a vehicle’s presence and an audio warning sounding if a turn signal is deployed on the side where a vehicle is detected in the blind spot.
The EX and above models additionally feature a standard rear cross traffic monitor, which works with the BLIS radar sensors to boost safety when the Odyssey is being operated in reverse. Using the BLIS radar units in the van’s rear bumpers, the cross traffic monitor detects vehicles approaching from the side when the Odyssey is in reverse and issues an audio warning and indicates the direction the approaching vehicle is coming from.
Come Try It Out!
If you’d like to get more closely acquainted with the outstanding 2018 Honda Odyssey, the knowledgeable team members at any of our Detroit Area Honda Dealers locations are at your service! Stop in and see us or contact us today to take the Odyssey out for a test drive and discover all of the impressive assets this prime minivan has to offer. You can also check out our current offers and financing options to make it easier to drive home your new Odyssey today!