2018 Honda Pilot Technology
The Pilot comes equipped with a long list of technology that provides comfort and conveniences to make daily life inside a little easier and more comfortable.
- Push-Button Start – Start the dynamic engine of the Pilot with the simple touch of a button, perfect when you’re on the go.
- Illuminated Steering Wheel–Mounted Controls – Control the audio, cruise control, temperature, and more without having to take your hands off the road.
- Tri-Zone Automatic Climate Control System with Humidity Control and Air Filtration – Everyone inside the Pilot can stay comfortable and adjust the temperature to their specific needs.
- Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System with Voice Recognition and Honda HD Digital Traffic – Have the available navigation system guide you to your destination. And with voice recognition, drivers can input directions without having to take their hands off the wheel.
Drivers and passengers can stay connected safely when behind the wheel with a long list of connectivity features throughout the trim levels. Charge up your devices and access music, audio content, maps, and even to-do lists.
- Bluetooth HandsFreeLink – Access your devices via Bluetooth seamlessly and with hands-free technology to stay connected and drive safely on the road.
- 12-Volt Power Outlets – Plug in and charge your devices with convenient 12-volt power outlets throughout the Pilot’s cabin.
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto Integration – Access your favorite content and apps with your familiar smartphone interface displayed on the Pilot’s touchscreen.
- SMS Text Message Function – Send, receive, and draft text messages safely.
The Pilot provides plenty of ways to stay entertained throughout the trim levels, whether you’re on the daily commute or a long journey across the state.
- MP3/Auxiliary Input Jack – Access your music library and favorite content directly with an MP3 auxiliary input jack.
- Bluetooth Streaming Audio – Stream your favorite music or podcasts seamlessly with Bluetooth technology.
- Rear Entertainment System with HDMI Interface and Blu-ray Player – An available rear entertainment system comes equipped with a Blu-ray player and HDMI capability for gaming systems.
The Pilot demonstrates a deep commitment to safety with technology features that ensure the Pilot stays clearly visible on the road, keep good tractive control with the road, and help drivers see more when reversing.
- Vehicle Stability Assist with Traction Control – This system ensures that the Pilot keeps good, tractive control with the road and stabilizes oversteering or understeering to prevent skidding.
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera with Guidelines – Check the surroundings of the Pilot before backing out. Guidelines help drivers maneuver in and out of tight spaces with ease.
- Honda LaneWatch – A camera mounted on the passenger’s side mirror displays a live video feed of the activity going on in the driver’s blind spot when a right lane change is signaled. Drivers can see up to four times more than using the mirror alone.
- Blind Spot Monitoring System with Cross Traffic Monitor – This system monitors activity going on in the blind spot of the Pilot and warns the driver when other vehicles, objects, or pedestrians are approaching or crossing behind the vehicle.
The Honda Sensing suite of driver-assistance technology helps drivers see more, do more, and drive more safely on the road. It is available starting on the EX trim and is standard on the Touring and Elite models.
- Forward Collision Warning – Sensors detect when objects or other vehicles are dangerously approaching the Pilot and warn the driver to take swift action.
- Lane Departure Warning – If the Pilot sways out of its lane on the highway without a signal change, a warning will alert the driver to correct and steady the steering.
- Collision Mitigation Braking System – If the Collision Warning system goes unheeded, this system can engage the brakes in order to mitigate any impact.
- Road Departure Mitigation System – If the Pilot rolls over lane lines or road markings, this system can engage the brakes and steering in order to keep the vehicle from going off the road.
- Lane Keeping Assist System – If the Pilot begins to sway out of its lane on the highway, this system can nudge the steering to bring it back into the center of the lane.
- Adaptive Cruise Control – Drivers select the desired speed and distance interval with the vehicle ahead, and this system constantly adjusts and keeps the Pilot within the natural flow of traffic.