Both Honda and Amazon excel when it comes to providing everyday convenience, and In-Car Delivery with Amazon is available with select Honda models. In-car delivery makes it easy and secure for you to get deliveries in your car wherever you are, which means you’ll no longer be confronted by missed package slips when you arrive home after a long day at work. Instead, you’ll have packages waiting in your Honda.
How Do You Use Amazon Key In-Car Delivery?
Amazon keeps Amazon Key In-Car Delivery simple. All you’ll need to do is follow these four simple steps:
- Download the Key by Amazon App and perform a one-time setup.
- Next time you reach the Amazon check-out, simply select ‘in-car delivery’ from their delivery options.
- Place your Amazon order as usual, then make sure you park your Honda in a publicly accessible area on the day of delivery.
- Expect delivery within a 4-hour time window. You’ll receive a delivery notification from the Key by Amazon App.
How Are Amazon Key In-Car Deliveries Made?
The process is all pretty straightforward, but how does Amazon actually access your vehicle? After you’ve parked within two blocks of your selected delivery address, Amazon will:
- Provide a 4-hour delivery window.
- Send an “Arriving Now” notification to let you know the driver is approaching.
- Send a message letting you unlock your vehicle.
- Place the package inside your vehicle.
- Send a message letting you re-lock the vehicle.
Once all that’s done, you’ll receive a final notification telling you the package has been delivered and that your vehicle is locked.
If you want to know if your Honda is able to accept Amazon In-Car Deliver, simply check if it’s equipped with an active HondaLink Remote Package. You can activate that package via the HondaLink app.