If you’re a Metro Detroit driver wishing you had access to an affordable, state-of-the-art, well-equipped compact crossover, your wait is almost over. The 2016 Honda HR-V is on its way, and it should be in showrooms at Detroit Area Honda Dealers by spring 2015.
But why is everyone so excited about the HR-V? What can it do for you? We don’t have all of the specifics yet, but we do have quite a bit that we can share with you.
Trimmed to Your Specifications
We don’t know all of the features yet, but Honda has given us information on the basic HR-V, the EX trim, and the EX-L trim, including:
- The basic trim will come with steering wheel-mounted controls, Bluetooth HandsFreeLink for phone and audio, a multi-angle rearview camera, 17-inch alloy wheels, and the option to upgrade to Honda’s Real Time All-Wheel Drive.
- Stepping up to the EX trim adds on SMS text messaging, push-button ignition, Smart Entry, Honda LaneWatch, 7-inch touchscreen display, automatic climate control, and more.
- The top-range EX-L trim comes with the EX’s features as well as SiriusXM satellite radio, HD radio, Honda’s satellite-linked navigation system, and much more.
Honda’s Magic Seat
While the Honda Magic Seat is just one of the many features of the HR-V, we think that it deserves its own section. After all, it helps give you three different cargo storage styles:
- Fold the rear seat up and let tall cargo rest on the floor in the back seat.
- Fold the rear seat down part-way and fold the front passenger seat down to accommodate loads up to 8 feet long like a surfboard or a kayak
- Fold the rear seat down all the way for a flat floor in the rear that makes it easy to load up small furniture.
There’s a reason it’s called the “Magic Seat.”
Learn More at a Detroit Area Honda Dealer
If you would like to learn more about the 2016 Honda HR-V, don’t hesitate to contact a Detroit Area Honda Dealer near you. We’ll be happy to share the latest news on this upcoming vehicle with you. And be sure to keep checking back here on our blog, which we’ll updates as soon as we learn more information, including the powertrain of the new crossover.